All Wheel Junkies All Wheel Drive Enthusiasts Community

Go Back   All Wheel Junkies > AWJunkies Regions > Eastern Region > AWJ Meets and Events

Old July 28th, 2008   #1
Pixcchic
Community Member

AWCash: 100.01
Vehicle Specs
Default Nopi cancelled ... Bbbuuut.....

Taken from another website and confirmed on NewEnglandDragway.com

July 16, 2008 It is with great regret that NOPI Motorsports, LLC has suspended operations for the summer and fall 2008. This will include NOPI Drag Racing Series, NOPI Drift Series and the NOPI NATIONALS Motorsports Supershow. The company is undergoing an organizational restructuring in light of severe adverse affects of a disappointing spring season. The economy and unfavorable weather resulted in underperformance of all spring events. Michael Meyers, president of NOPI Motorsports, reports that NOPI Motorsports is working with its clients and sponsors to minimize the uncertainty going forward. This is a reflection of the economic times in which we currently live. The countrywide economic and industry downturn has caused a slowdown and tightening of belts. This affects everyone and companies, at all levels, and NOPI Motorsports is no different.

We understand the position this puts everyone in and we hope you can find in your heart to work with us through this terrible time. All of you are our friends and we have felt for many years that we were all a big family.
NOPI Motorsports hates this more than anyone as the many years of hard work, tradition and an industry we helped to shape would come to this. Please watch nopi.com for future announcements.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YoParts.com and TurboOptions.com is working together to host another event on the same day for racers that have been getting ready for this.

As quoted from Tom @ Yoparts.com himself

"Hi Guys as I am sure you already know the deal w/ Nopi ... but I look at this as a great opportunity for Sponsors and Racers in this area to really have a race worth going too..

I have been talking to Kathy at NED for the past month and half in anticipation of this happening and they intend to hold an event Aug 2 from gates open 10am - 10pm!

There are a # of Sponsors on here that Include XXXRacing / Wangs / Yoparts / Steve / Ballistic Motorsports / Town Fair Tire etc.. that are willing to make this event into something special.

In the next couple of days we will be finalizing the classes for the race..(Gary **** and I spent 2 hours today at lunch working on ideas to trully showoff this racetrack to other East Coast racers as well as great incentives for Racers to bring there A Game I can't let anything out of the bag yet as we are still working on some details but we plan on having some innovative class structures as well as good ole fashion 4cyl Outlaw Shootout that will have in excess of a $1500 payout. As far as the car show portion goes I beileve that is being handled as well by Team ECR ...

For more info check out www.NewEnglandDragway.com

Old July 28th, 2008   #2
AWJunkies
King Tool

AWCash: 4,299.57
Vehicle Specs
Default Re: Nopi cancelled ... Bbbuuut.....

Sad to see the economy start to hit motorsports new it was only a matter of time.
AWJunkies's Sig:AWJunkies Mafia: Ninja Master |AWJ Fo Life|
Click the image to open in full size.

Old July 28th, 2008   #3
Chewy
Master Tool

AWCash: 1,172.63
Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJunkies View Post
Sad to see the economy start to hit motorsports new it was only a matter of time.
hope fully, if anything, it will mean the end of NASCAR...
Chewy's Sig:Click the image to open in full size.
what?! she's 18 now???...

Old July 28th, 2008   #4
Pixcchic
Community Member

Threadstarter Threadstarter  
AWCash: 100.01
Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJunkies View Post
They also cancelled Wicked Big Meet (Largest East Coast Subie Meet)- was supposed to be in September. I was so upset that it got cancelled- found out that Jon was gonna propose to me at Wicked Big!

Old July 28th, 2008   #5
Chewy
Master Tool

AWCash: 1,172.63
Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixcchic View Post
they also cancelled wicked big meet (largest east coast subie meet)- was supposed to be in september. I was so upset that it got cancelled- found out that jon was gonna propose to me at wicked big!
now thats romantic!!!
Chewy's Sig:Click the image to open in full size.
what?! she's 18 now???...

Old July 30th, 2008   #6
slhayden73
Community Member

AWCash: 639.15
Vehicle Specs

i kinda figured one of the first things to go in an economy like this, with the prices of oil and all considered, was motorsports...

Old September 2nd, 2008   #7
homemade-wrx
Community Member

AWCash: 276.50
Vehicle Specs

yeah having put together a tentative budget for Redline Timeattack for 2009, the biggest part of my budget is travel...tires ($1000/weekend), brakes ($400 pads and rotors $500 (everyother event)), fluids (gas, oil and brake fluid) don't even register...
the expensive part can be diesel for towing on a long event where the registration is usually another $400...sleeping in a tent isn't overrated compared to hiking back to town for a hotel and then paying for it.

NOPI had been heading south for a while...since it wasn't about the racing anymore.

I do however predict Time Attack to be the next big thing...big power that turns too ;)

especially with next season being televised...with east and west coast based street and modified classes and unlimited being nationwide. Should help keep budgets affordable for the smaller teams/individuals.

This is the exact reason myself and several others have pushed for Redline to set the series this way...keeps it from being a budget issue for the GrassRoots section of the sport (the base)

Old October 18th, 2008   #8
kevin_kwon89
Community Member

AWCash: 796.05
Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slhayden73 View Post
i kinda figured one of the first things to go in an economy like this, with the prices of oil and all considered, was motorsports...
look at now. Stock market has been drop tremendously. Think about the oil company and the gas. Then again people are using that everyday so ... idk

Old October 19th, 2008   #9
slhayden73
Community Member

AWCash: 639.15
Vehicle Specs

what? that went right over my head...lol

Old October 19th, 2008   #10
Lamont
Enhanced

AWCash: 8,840.40
Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_kwon89 View Post
look at now. Stock market has been drop tremendously. Think about the oil company and the gas. Then again people are using that everyday so ... idk
Lamont's Sig:

Old October 28th, 2008   #11
kevin_kwon89
Community Member

AWCash: 796.05
Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
Can't see the pic for some reason .... what is it?

All Wheel Junkies > AWJunkies Regions > Eastern Region > AWJ Meets and Events